Monday, October 9, 2017

A Parent Resource

I found this website recently, and have found some great resources on it.  It is intended to help parents talk math with their children, but I think it can give us some good ideas to tie math to the real world in our classrooms.

The site is called Table Talk Math.  This link will take you to the homepage, but the main place of inspiration for me is the Newsletters link.  In this link, Mr. Stevens shares everyday math examples and how we should talk to children about them.

Please consider sharing this link with your parents.  We need to continue to encourage parents that math is not about a set of problems on a worksheet or memorizing your facts.  It is real-world, and it is all around us all of the time.  I think this site will help them start to see that themselves!



I think the book by John Stevens looks like a good resource, too, so maybe I'll add it to my Christmas list.  It is only 11 weeks away, ya know? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment